Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Random Thoughts

Congrats to the Goplins for a new addition to their family. I don’t actually know the birthing mom, does that make this creepy? But why salute the person who carried the baby for nine months and delivered it when I can congratulate her siblings who did nothing?

And while I’m throwing around praise, I’d like to give a big, “Proud of you” to my good friend Rafael Nadal. Though Federer may have cooler fans (Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale) Raf is cuter and has a more pronounced accent, so it’s only fair that he win Wimbledon.

And lastly, never ever spill grease that has been sitting around for weeks in 85 degree heat. If you were contemplating it, I urge you to stop. The horror of an odor that does its best to combine the scent of a decaying body and cat urine will soak into your pores and leave you wishing you would’ve just eaten that ground turkey grease-intact.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you just used the word "cuter" to describe Rafael Nadal. Unless, by "cuter" you really meant, "looks more like a Geico caveman."

Love ya.

Jake Freeberg said...

I was wondering why it smelled so weird... Turkey Grease definitely has a different weirder smell than Cow Grease or Pig Grease.

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO at all of the above.

@booksandbars said...

Break your record. One more.

Anonymous said...

Um, to be clear, the first "jeff" was me, JAG Ultra.

Anonymous said...

hi. sweet blog.

Rachel said...

awww.. thanks for the congrats! while my sister definitely deserves more of the praise - seriously, it sounds like hard work - i definitely feel like sitting on the couch waiting for the phone call is worth of SOME praise, no? also, couldn't agree about nadal. yummmmmmmy.

Anonymous said...

The true hero was me. Not only did I sit on the couch waiting for a call - I did it drunk.

Also, I love the idea of Jake walking into an apartment filled with pig grease and thinking "yep, everything smells normal in here. nothing weird about it. Now turkey grease, that would be weird."

Double also, I will agree Nadal is a very attractive man. He's also good at the sport of tennis.